Update on Holly

I was just looking through my blog and reading some of the last few posts and I realized that I apparently missed all of July. As most of my friends and family members know, Holly spent six days in the hospital the first part of July. She went to Hume Lake with the church group and the church called and told us we needed to come get her. Her father and grandmother took the drive up there and the next day she was admitted to the hospital ~ 4th of July. Through a lot of prayers and support, Holly was able to be released six days later and she is now taking medication that the doctors plan to hopefully wean her off of slowly. It is not a medication that can just be stopped.

It is amazing how life has purpose and meaning. Holly’s stepmom actually works at a doctor’s office and that doctor is actually treating Holly’s condition pro bono and giving us the medicine samples for free and meeting with her as needed.

I can’t thank her enough. I am so grateful to her for being able to take care of my daughter in such an amazing way. It brings me to tears to know that there truly was a reason why I went through all that I did while he was cheating on me with her. God knew that this was going to happen. He knew that there was a purpose for Christie to be in Holly’s life. There was a reason that Donny needed to marry her. It made everything clear to me.

I have always told Holly that whenever something bad happens, something good will come from it. This is clearly good.

Holly is doing so much better. The medicine makes her tired and makes her gain weight, so they reduced it on Monday and I have seen some improvement. So far, she doesn’t seem as tired. She still seems to be going to bed around 9 or 10. When school starts, we will need to talk to the teachers and set up a plan because she will not be able to stay up late doing homework and such.

We will see how losing the weight goes. She will be learning to play tennis so she is excited about that and that will help.

I was a little concerned when August 1st came around because it seemed like all of the issues reoccur on the 1st, May 1st, June 1st, July 1st. On August 1st, while taking the medicine, there was no change of behavior, so I was happy about that.

This week she is with her father and next Saturday we are going to the river and then we are going to Las Vegas for a few days. She is so excited about that! She loves the river and she loves Las Vegas. Ever since she was little she loved going there, must be the lights!

Well, that is the latest update on Holly, I feel bad that I didn’t keep up with this while she was in the hospital but I spent every minute with her and I really didn’t go on line too much. I was able to stay in the room with her and I kept everyone updated on my facebook page from my blackberry.

I just want to thank everyone for their prayers and support during that very difficult time, please pray that the medicine can be weaned off and that the side effects will no longer effect her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


  1. COUNTRY MOM says:

    I just found your blog. I have prayed for your daughter, and will continue to do so. Many Blessings,

Leave a Comment